Rules and regulations
- The “Associazione di Arte e Cultura Cinematografica Rive Gauche – Arte Cinema”, Florence, Italy, is happy to announce the first edition of its first International Cinema and Photography Contest, dedicated to short films, digital art and photography. This year’s theme is “Divergences” and aims at promoting the knowledge of, and the encounter and the collaboration between, young directors, photographers and digital artists.
- Chosen theme: “Divergences: the plurality of ides and ways of life is a journey towards authenticity”.
- The contest is divided in three sections:
Section A: A1. Theme short films: Divergences
A2. Open theme short films
Section B: B1. Theme photography: Divergences
B2. Photos taken while making a short film in section A1 or A2.
B3. Open theme photography
Section C: C1. Theme digital art: Divergences
C2. Open theme digital art
- Requirements of the works
Section A: Short films should not be longer than 15 minutes, included film credits.
Section B: The size of the photograph should be 30x20cm (11.7×8.3 inches)
Section C: Digital art videos should be no longer than 5 minutes.
- Deadline: 3o September 2014.
- Applicants to sections A and C should send a fee of 20 euros together with their work. Applicants who send two works for the sections should send 25 euros in total.
For a single work of sections B1, B2 and B3 the fee is 10 euros. For further works the fee is 5 euros for each work.
Payments should be made through Paypal to the address: email@example.com
or wire transfer: Beneficiary: Rive Gauche – Arte Cinema
Cod BIC/SWIFT: UNCRITM1R02
Applicants should send two copies of their work(s)
- Address: Marino Demata, Rive Gauche – Arte Cinema, Viale Redi, 93, 50144 Firenze, Italy
Online: Dropbox or We Transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants should send their work together with the application form, which can be downloaded from the Rive Gauche site: http://larivegauchecinema.wordpress.com
For further queries phone +39 328 7133951
- All materials will not be returned and will become property of the Rive Gauche’s archive. Rive Gauche – Arte Cinema is responsible for, and in charge with, the preservation of the works and with the protection of personal data. Materials may be used in future events. Materials may be published exclusively for promotion purposes and for this contest (see point 13) on the Rive Gauche blog and Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin pages.
- The authors of the shortlisted works will be notified a month before the final event of the competition (21-23 November 2014).
10. Film producers will mention their participation to the Rive Gauche “Divergences” film contest, the prizes awarded and the Rive Gauche logo.
11. Final event and awards. Applicants will be shortlisted by the juries (see 13 and 14). Travel and accommodation expenses will be met by shortlisted applicants.
12. The shortlisted applicants will receive a plaque. Films and digital art works will be screened during the final event, while the shortlisted photographs will be displayed during the Festival. The opening ceremony will take place on 21 November 2014, start at 3:30pm and the awards will be given on the final day (3:30pm, 23 November 2014).
13.First prize for best theme short film “Divergences”: Work by a Tuscan artist
First prize for best work, section A, open theme short film: Work by a Tuscan artist
First prize section B: Work by a Tuscan artist
First prize section C: Work by a Tuscan artist
Prize for best director, section A: woodcut work by a Florentine artist
Prize for best script, section A: woodcut work by a Florentine artist
Prize for best soundtrack, section A: woodcut work by a Florentine artist
Prize for best actor, section A: woodcut work by a Florentine artist
Prize for best actress, section A: woodcut work by a Florentine artist
All participants will receive a parchment attesting their contribution.
14. Works will be judged by two panels.
The first panel is “open” and everybody can vote. Voters have to register to the River Gauche’s blog (http://larivegauchecinema.wordpress.com) or to the Rive Gauche Facebook page (https://www. Facebook.com/cinema.rivegauche), clicking “Like” on the page. Both registrations are free of charge. The vote is valid only if a short positive comment is written on the blog or the Facebook page. The works will be on display on the blog and the Facebook page from 1 August 2014.
15. The second panel (the experts’ jury) will select 15 more finalists for each subsection (A and C) and 25 finalists for each subsection of section B
Prof. Marino Demata (Rive Gauche President)
Dr. Chiara Novelli (President of La Città di Murex)
Prof. Augusto Cacopardo Univesrity of Firenze, vice-President of Festival dei Popoli)
Stefano Cantini (photographer)
Giulia Spagnesi – Cinema e multicultura
Simone Innocenti – Cinemanemico
Claudio Baldocci – Musicista polistrumentista
Dr. Lorenza Demata (photographer)
The jury’s decisions cannot be appealed