Deadline May 15th, 2018
Don’t miss the occasion to attend this International contest and, in the same time, to visit Florence, that’s the most beautiful town in Italy!
An Italian Filmaker, Cecilia Zambello won the 2014 Festival edition by the film “Clorofilla tace”.
A Mexican filmaker, Roberto Valdes, with his film “Algien”, won the 2015 edition.
The 3rd Edition of the Festival (2016) has been won by an Italian filmaker, Enrico Le Pera, who submitted an American film, “Lulù and the right words”.
Finally the 4th edition of our Festival has been won by a Chinese filmmaker from Macau. His awarded film was “Crash”.
The 5th edition will take place on June 15th, 16th and 17th and on October 21st. Festival includes four different events:
1) Short film competition
2) Directorial Debuts
3) Education initiatives for young audience
4) Screenplays competition
Rules and regulations
- The “Associazione di Arte e Cultura Cinematografica Rive Gauche – Arte Cinema”, Florence, Italy, is happy to announce the 5th edition of its International Cinema Contest. The Festival aims at promoting the collaboration and competition between young directors and promotion and circulation of audiovisual works.
- Festival is parted in four different days:
June 15, 2018: Education initiatives for young audiences, from a cartoon selection to education short films (with cooperation of Sardinia Film Festival).
June 16, 2018: Directorial Debuts in Short films and Short film competition
June 17, 2018: Short films competition and awards ceremony.
October 21, 2018: Screenplays competition and best films screening.
All film screened in the Festival days should not be longer than 40 minutes, included film credits:
Screnplays for short film shoul be not longer than 30 pages. Feature Screenplays must be longer than 30 pages.
- Deadline for submission for short films: May 15th, 2018. Only works submitted within this dates will be considered. Deadline submission for screenplays: September 21st, 2018.
- Applicants should send a fee of Euro 20.00 together with their work.
Payments should be made via Bank Transfer to Rive Gauche Bank account:
Cod BIC/SWIFT: UNCRITM1R02.
Payments also could be made through Paypal to the address:
Bank receipt have to be sent through: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants have to send works :
– on-line by WeTransfer to email@example.com or via email (same address: firstname.lastname@example.org)
– or via mail to the following adress:
Marino Demata – Firenze FilmCorti Festival
Via D. Giuliotti, 3
50135 – Firenze – Italy
Applicants should send their work together with their contact details (adress, phone, cell, email) and along with the short film abstract and curriculum vitae.
For further information please call +39 3287133951
- Works will not be returned and will be preserved in the Rive Gauche’s archive. Rive Gauche – Arte Cinema is responsible for, and in charge of, the preservation of the works and the protection of the participants’ personal data. The Material may be used in future events (Filmakers and/or film producers will be advised) and may be published to promote nest contest on the Rive Gauche-ArteCinema blog and Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin, Google+ pages, with the authors’ consent.
- The competitors whose works are admitted to the final event of the competition (June 15, 16 and 17) will be notified by May 15th to 25th, 2018 via email and the Blog (RiveGauche-Filmecritica), as well as on the Rive Gauche-ArteCinema network pages. Selected screenplayers will be notified same way from September 22 to October 02.
- The film’s producers must agree to include a mention of the V edition of the Rive Gauche Festival in all future promotion of their material and citing any prizes they may have won.
- Applicants will be shortlisted by the juries for the final event. Travel and accommodation and other expenses will be met by shortlisted applicants.
The finalists works will be presented during the course the final events. The final schedule will be advised closer to the time. The prize giving will take place on the evening of June 17th for the short films and October 21st for the screenplayers.
- Awards in the following categories:
Best short Film
Best directorial debut
Best animated short
Best short screenplay
Best feature screenplay
Special Jury award
Special movie critics award
Special audience award
All participants will receive a parchment attesting their contribution.
- Jury Members:
President: Enrico Le Pera – Director winning of the III Firenze FilmCorti Festival
(Jury is in process to be selected)
- The jury’s decision is Final
The President of
Rive Gauche – Festival